If there is one thing I like (there are a lot of things I like) but a main one on the list is fabric. I have started to make my own designs. Today I started to experiment with Ink O Dye. In the spirit of yesterday's post and the projects my students are working on....Although I use this material in my classroom, I have not used it in my own studio yet. I'm happy with these early results. It was a cloudy day, so I took a chance and prepared these prints anyway. Ink O Dye is activated by UV light, sunny days are the best, but these came out surprisingly good.
My set up - I used circular beads, shade pulls, small embroidered flowers, and a transparency.
The final results:
- This is prior to washing. I can already tell this print will not stay well because it needs more exposure time and it was done on a stretch cotton fabric...
I am really happy with the photogram quality of this. In fact I already cut it up (before it was even dry!) to make a celebration flag!
This is my favorite one. I love the stripes and how the flowers worked out.